Friday, November 12, 2010

Suppressing My Nesting

After three months, we are happily settled in London. Our furniture is neatly stored in a garage in California, and nothing but the clothing we own shipped over. The irony is not lost on me: I decide to start a blog about editing one's home at the exact same time I consciously edit EVERYTHING out of my own apartment. As I type, I am sitting in the living room of our pre-furnished London flat. While tastefully fitted, the flat is much too sparse, even for my taste. The walls are almost completely bare, the hardwood floors cold and naked. IKEA is the driving force behind the design, and my need to nest has been drastically suppressed.

While the reality of our short stay in London keeps me from creating the space I want to live in, a girl still needs to dream....


The green sofa + butterscotch ottoman combo makes my heart sing...

Oh, hello fuchsia poofs!

AMAZING use of monochromatic color...!

Is there anything else to say?! LOVE!

*Images courtesy of ELLE DECOR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...